A warm welcome awaits you at The Gables Bed and Breakfast, in Hadleigh.
We offer four comfortable and stylish bedrooms,
beautifully decorated with en-suite facilities,
flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi.
Comfort and Style
We pride ourselves on comfort, style and service, providing a great place to stay, whether you are visiting the area on holiday, at a wedding or party, or you are here on business. Breakfast is a feast of locally sourced fresh produce served in the comfort of our breakfast room.
The Gables is a splendid Grade II* listed seventeenth century house with many original features, situated in the centre of the beautiful, historic town of Hadleigh in the heart of Suffolk. Within easy walking distance of local shops, tea rooms, pubs and restaurants, everything you need is right on our doorstep.
Hopefully our website contains all the information you need. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Gables very soon!
- We were going to a wedding in priory hall and spent the night in this beautiful house. We had a large en suite room decorated to a very high standard with comfortable bed. The large bathroom had a bath and shower. Our host Stuart put on a lovely cooked breakfast with a host of other breakfast foods. There is a small secluded garden with a lovely suntrap where you can take breakfast also. No specific car parking but plenty of parking on the road immediately outside the property. Highly recommended, Stuart is a wonderful host.
- I’ve stayed in a lot of B&Bs over the years and they vary a LOT! Staying at the Gables was a genuinely delightful experience. The whole house is decorated with excellent taste and in keeping with the age of the building giving it a classy, understated feel. I think we were in the largest room of the four which was a very good size and had a massive bathroom. Although it faced onto the high street there was not a problem with noise (I’m a very light sleeper). Toiletries are very good quality as is the tea and coffee in the room. Milk is provided in a small thermos avoiding my pet hate of UHT packets of milk for tea. Thoughtfully flapjacks were also provided in a jar to go with the tea and coffee. Parking is available behind the building or on the street in front. What makes this B&B special though is Stuart, the owner. His attention to detail and ability to charm his guests is impressive without being intrusive in any way. His breakfast was also amazing - possibly one of the best ever actually. All the produce is clearly local and very high quality - no Tesco value sausages to be found here. I honestly can’t rate the breakfast highly enough. You definitely won’t regret staying here I promise!!
- We booked in for an overnight stay after my sisters wedding. Right from the start Stuart was helpful and quick to respond. We had two rooms, a queen and a twin. The accommodation was welcoming, friendly and incredibly comfortable. Breakfast was amazing and Stuart went out of his way to ensure we had all that we needed. Would definitely recommend.Trudy H
- We stayed at The Gables on Saturday night for a wedding in the nearby Priory Hall, which is only a 10-15min walk from the B&B. We had an absolutely wonderful stay, honestly couldn’t compliment it enough. The rooms and house were beautifully and tastefully decorated and it was impeccably clean. Breakfast was also delicious (perfect eggs) and to be honest I was sad we couldn’t stay for longer, I would recommend anyone to stay here and if we are ever in the area again, we will certainly be staying again.Ms B
- Just returned from a 3 night stay. Can't speak highly enough about the accommodation and our host. Stuart made us feel extremely welcome from the start - really enjoyed the cherry flapjacks! Breakfast was great, using the best of local produce. He's a one man tourist information centre. Room was immaculate and tastefully decorated, we had the 'smallest room' but this does it a disservice as it was perfect for us.Mr J
- We have just returned from a weekend at The Gables, we have been so spoilt. Stuart could not do enough for us. The rooms were immaculate and comfortable, we can't wait for a return visit. Excellent Homemade breakfast and little treats in the room a lovely touch. Hadleigh is a very friendly village with individual shops and excellent pubs. One of the best b&b's we have stayed at. A good base to explore Suffolk.Mrs W